Thursday, June 12, 2008

Falcon at Intel LANfest

Hello everyone and happy Thursday! I can't believe how fast this week has gone by! We'll be traveling to New York in a couple of weeks for a press event, so we're working hard on making that event a success.


We recently worked with one of our Falcon Friends, Kelley (aka Xeromist on the message boards), to coordinate some demonstrations at Intel LANfest. We coordinated some giveaways and made sure he was hooked up with some of the latest and greatest games for the Falcon. Here's some of the details...

Even though I just had a computer with a little sign in the middle of all the other computers, I lost count at the number of people that came to try the Falcon... several of them came back to play again when it was available. People thanked me for bringing my unit to demo and several had conversations with me about the games, the hardware, and the future of Haptics. As I was packing up one kid came by and asked me "Is that what I think it is?" and he put his stuff down and played with it for about 5 minutes :)

I really only needed Buckshot and XLR8 for demo. Those seemed to be the games that people liked and could easily get into. I mentioned other games including QuakeIV and HL2 but no one asked to play them. The more dedicated gamers enjoyed XLR8 but Buckshot was the favorite with (at one point) 6 people watching someone play.

I want to say a special thank you to Kelley for the awesome update on this event. The pictures are awesome! Would you be interested in giving Falcon demonstrations to your friends or hosting a Falcon "Tupperware Party"? We're working on setting up a program so let us know if you'd be interested!

One last thing... don't forget that tomorrow's Falcon Friday. We'll post the information on the blog at midnight PST. Happy Falcon Gaming!

No comments: